Attorney George Aldrich, your San Fernando Valley Injury Lawyer
Our personal injury attorneys are available for you within the San Fernando Valley, and greater California, jurisdiction. There are legal representatives available for any type of personal injury matter. The attorneys are professional, competent, and can gain the most agreeable settlement for any personal injury claim. There are several types of personal injuries that include vacation injuries, car accidents, and boating injuries.
Personal injuries are those that may occur because of another individual’s negligence or reckless behavior. It is important to act immediately after an accident or injury. Certain injuries need to be reported within a specific period of time, or the victim looses their right to collect a settlement from the accident. A San Fernando Valley personal injury attorney can answer questions about what to do and can help to determine if you have a viable case.
Determining the Value of a Personal Injury Case
There are several ways to determine the value of a personal injury matter. Each situation is unique, and there are criteria to be examined for each injury. Negligence is one area of personal injury law that is important in each state’s jurisdiction. There needs to be a legal amount of negligence that has occurred in each injury matter. Who is at fault needs to be quickly assessed. There can be a standard of safety for some personal injury matters. Each personal injury case has a statute of limitations that needs to be taken into account. Waiting too long to file a claim can result in the case being dismissed, for example. Contact us for a free case evaluation today!
Call Now for a Free Case Assessment: (818) 787-1063
- Medical bills can occur after a vacation slip and fall at a recreational area. These medical bills may include the ambulance cost, the doctors’ bills, and the statements that are received from the treating hospital.
- Pain and suffering occurs after being a victim of a personal injury. This type of suffering may be compensated in an insurance claim against the vacation establishment or a personal lawsuit against the defending party.
- Lost wages and productivity often follow a personal accident. The injured party is unable to work for a period of time while being treated or while in rehabilitation.
- Wheelchair devices can be expensive as well.
Car accidents are the leading cause of injury and death for Americans who are from 18 to 34 years old according to the national highway safety association. A person dies in a motor vehicle accident every 12 to 15 minutes. Injuries from car accidents occur for 1.5 million people each year. This type of accident can cause many types of personal injuries that include the following:
- cuts and bruises;
- back injuries and joint dislocations;
- head trauma;
- internal injuries, and
- paralysis and death.
Car accidents may occur due to a rear end collision or a head on collision. The accident may be caused by a distracted driver or a drunk driver. Each accident case is investigated by the law firm to determine who may be at fault. The law firm works to assess the injuries and damages that are a part of each claim. The legitimacy of each claim needs to be assessed, and a competent law firm is recommended to carry the case forward. Each legal matter has specific questions that need to be asked in order to understand the legal factors of each matter.
Boating Accident injuries may occur if a boat operator is not paying close attention to the operation of their vehicle. Boating accidents happen when the defending party is boating under the influence (BUI). Each boating accident or injury may have certain applicable maritime laws. A personal injury attorney with experience in maritime law is important in these matters. Accidents may occur under the following circumstances:
- Reckless boating occurs when the driver of the boat is not paying careful attention to their vehicle. This can cause a hit and run accident, a sudden wave surge for another boater, another boat to capsize, another boat rider to fall overboard, and other unforeseen tragedies.
- Passengers of fishing charter excursions can sustain serious injuries while out on an excursion.
- Water skiing accidents occur frequently, and these accidents can be devastating.
- Passengers who are ejected from a boating vehicle can sustain serious neck and back injuries.
- Falling overboard can cause serious injuries as well.
- A passenger boat that has not been properly maintained can cause personal injuries to the unsuspecting passengers.
Call Now for a Free Case Assessment: (818) 787-1063
San Fernando Valley injury lawyers are available for any type of personal injury that may occur. An attorney can represent a party from a boating accident and represent the accident victim in maritime injury claims. An agreement can be drawn up that sets out the terms of the attorney client relationship as well as the fees and compensation that the attorney is due. Any injuries that occur are unfortunate and need to be quickly managed by a competent and professional lawyer who focuses on personal injury law. Other areas of law may be required for each injury claim that may be filed. Maritime law can be a part of a personal injury claim in this jurisdiction of California. Maritime law can involve the boating privileges of the driver who is at fault. Vacation accidents are unique in that the parties may be from out of state or out of the immediate area. A competent injury attorney who is familiar with other types of jurisdictions may be required as well. Both car accidents and boating accidents are leading causes of personal injuries that need relevant representation.